Monday, January 16, 2012

You Majored in What? Chapter Two

"the more you know about different disciplines and are able to see the connections between those disciplines, the more you are able to create innovative solutions to problems."
     
      I have believed this ever since I was a little girl. If i know about everything than i can do almost everything on my own. It is better to understand more than you need so that you can do more with your knowledge. I am very headstrong and would rather not ask anyone for help. i like getting things done on my own. so i like filling myself with as much knowlegde as possible so i can connect things that would normally have nothing to do with eachother, further my work with new energy and different ideas, and be able to do it all on my own.

"self-discovery requires time and focus."

      Considering my lack of patience this is something i need to learn and accept. I want to know myself already or even speed up the process of finding myself. I do no know what it will take to find myself but i want to find it already. I have always been in a rush to success. Sometimes i just need to slow down and just let some things happen on their own. But they say things dont just come to you , you have to go get them. Which one do i follow?

"Creativity is connecting the unconnected"
     
      I absolutely agree with this.  for example people who can master mixed media. to incorporate collage and painting. or painting and some sort of photography. This is connecting things that arent normally connected. This is truly creative because not everyone thinks to do these things so it makes you stand out. also you can come up with ideas that have never been done before.
     




       

No comments:

Post a Comment